Value Order's Commitment to Privacy
We respect your right to privacy. We do not sell, rent, share or disclose personal information to third parties without your prior consent, except in the circumstances described in this Privacy Statement. In addition, your ability to make informed choices about the uses of your information is important to us. This privacy statement explains our policy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information. Continue reading for detailed information about our privacy practices:
A. What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that identifies an individual or that can be reasonably associated with a specific person or entity, such as a name, contact information, Internet (IP) address and information about an individual's purchases and online shopping.
B. Collection of Personal Information
We collect the personal information that you provide us, such as when you:
• sign up for or renew your Value Order Rewards membership;
• register to use ValueOrder.com or sign up for news or notifications of specials or other promotions on ValueOrder.com;
• place an order or purchase products or services, online or otherwise;
• contact us for any reason;
• participate in a survey or promotion; or
• sign up for or participate in our various Services (see Services below).
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our website, such as your computer's IP address and operating system, the site from which you linked to us, your site activity, the time and date of your visit, and your purchases. This information may be collected through the use of "cookies" and web beacons (see Online Specifics below). We also receive information from third parties who help us correct our records, prevent fraud, and provide Services or special promotions or products (see Services below). We may combine any of this information with the other personal information we maintain about you.
C. Use of Personal Information by Value Order
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your requests or transactions, provide you with high-quality service, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest and administer your account, including distribution of our own surveys and publications. For example, we may:
• Alert you about product recalls or safety issues;
• Communicate rewards membership opportunities and programs; and
• Provide you with promotional information, such as coupons, offers and product recommendations, or information about Services ("Promotional Information"). If you prefer not to receive Promotional Information from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You may contact us at any time to decline Promotional Information (see Choice below).
D. Sharing of Personal Information
We share information in these circumstances:
1. Order Fulfillment
We may provide to a third party information as necessary to fulfill an order you have placed with us. For example, we may provide your address to a shipper, and if you pay by a credit or debit card, your card number and sales transaction information are passed to the card processor and/or issuer (including their service providers such as fraud verification services). However, we give suppliers, and others involved in the distribution chain only the information needed to provide you the products or services you order, and we require them to keep the information confidential and not to use it for other purposes. We are not responsible for any information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them.
We offer special products and services to our customers through third parties, such as rebates, telemedicine and other business and consumer services ("Services"). We may share your name, postal address, email address and customer status, number and type ("Customer Information") with these third parties in order to notify you of their offerings, to determine whether, or at what level, you qualify for the products, offerings or services, and to evaluate new and existing products, offerings or services. If you prefer that we not share Customer Information with third parties, you can contact us at any time (see Choice below).
However, if you apply for or request certain products, offerings or services, information you provide will be shared directly with the third parties who will be providing the requested products, offerings or services. If you apply for Telemedicine Services through Value Order, we will collect the application on behalf of the Service Provider.
These third parties are required to use personal information we share only to provide the requested services. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices and policies before disclosing information to them. Information you provide to third parties, may in turn be shared with us along with information about your use of the services. In some cases, these third parties may require as a condition of providing services to you that you authorize them to share information with us. If we terminate our relationship with a third party, information you provided to them may be returned to us, and we may provide that information to a new third party offering the same or similar services.
3. Our Contractors
We may contract with others to perform services on our behalf. For example, we might retain a company to process credit card payments, ship merchandise, distribute emails, process rebates or analyze data. If any of these service providers need access to your personal information, we require them to use it only to perform the services for us. We also require that they maintain the confidentiality of the information and/or return the information to us when they no longer need it.
E. Other Uses and Disclosures
In addition, we may use or disclose personal information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect you, to comply with legal process or authorities, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of ValueOrder.com, All About Computers, Inc. our Customers, Rewards Members, our employees or the public. Information about our Customers, including personal information, may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of company assets or acquisition.
F. Protection of Personal and Credit Card Information
We have physical, administrative and technical security measures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration while it is under our control. We are required to collect, process and maintain payment card information in accordance with the data security rules adopted by credit card companies such as Visa, MasterCard and American Express. This means that we do not retain debit card PINs or credit card security codes, and that any time we maintain a credit card number, such as when you create an online account, we must limit access to it and use strong encryption to protect it. Further, when you enter personal information online, that information is encrypted prior to transmission using a security protocol called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). We also use SSL to allow you to securely view your online account and registration information.
Online account information is accessible only by using a password. You must keep your password confidential. You are responsible for all uses of www.ValueOrder.com by anyone using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
We give you choices related to your personal information, and numerous methods to inform us of your decision.
1. If you do not want us to share Customer Information (see Services) with third parties, you can: Call our Customer Services representatives at 1-888-570-9370 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or write us at: Customer Service, PO Box 252, Lincoln, CA 95648-0252.
2. If you do not want to receive Promotional Information (see Use of Personal Information by ValueOrder) or information about Services, you can call our Customer Services representatives at 1-888-570-9370 or email us at email@example.com; or write us at: Customer Service, PO Box 252, Lincoln, CA 95648-0252.
3. If you do not want to receive promotional emails, you can call our Customer Services representatives at 1-888-570-9370 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or write us at: Customer Service, PO Box 252, Lincoln, CA 95648-0252. You can also click the provided "unsubscribe" link in any email to unsubscribe; or access "My Account" if you are a registered user of ValueOrder.com, and check/uncheck the “I would like to receive updates and promotions by email” box located in the “Other Information” section of your “Billing/Shipping Information.” If you have more than one email address, you will need to specifically opt-out for each email address.
H. Health Care
We appreciate the importance of safeguarding the privacy of your personal health information. All Health Care is provided as a Service and are handled entirely by our third party providers, see Services.
I. Online Specifics
1. Information Gathering and Use
Like most web sites, our servers log your IP address, the URL from which you accessed our site, your browser type, and the date and time of your purchases and other activities. We use this information for system administration, troubleshooting, fraud investigation and communications from Value Order (only).
Finally, we use web beacons to determine when and how many times a page has been viewed. Again, we use this information for our own marketing purposes.
Your browser will accept cookies and allow automatic collection of information unless you change the browser default settings. If cookies are disabled the web site will not load properly.
2. Links to Other Sites
3. Updating, Reviewing or Correcting Online Personal Information
You may update, review or correct your online account information at any time by accessing your password-protected registration page via the "My Account" area of the Web site. You also may email us at email@example.com or call us at 888-570-9370. To update general customer information, such as a change of address, please see below.
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, Value Order does not sell or share with third parties any information you provide or information automatically collected through our app.
J. Use of the ValueOrder.com Web Site by Children
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you should not provide information on the ValueOrder.com website.
K. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement or would like to contact us for any reason, you can do the following:
1. Call our Customer Service representatives at 1-888-570-9370
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
3. Write us at: Customer Service, PO Box 252, Lincoln, CA 95648-0252.
L. Changes to this Statement
We may change this privacy statement at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of the privacy statement the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review our privacy statement to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be used. If we make a material change to how we use Personal Information and the new uses are unrelated to uses we disclose in this statement, we will communicate the changes in advance.